Наверх

Milestones in History

Feat of Leningrad

In January 1944 incredible heroic efforts of the Soviet army was broken the siege of Leningrad. It lasted 872 days. The city withstood won, but at great sacrifice. According to official data only from famine killed more than 641 000 people. Some historians believe that he died much more - up to one million.

23.01.2014

Partisan Belarus (Part 1)

The German occupiers did not plan to build any government institutions let alone an independent state in Belarus. In reality, according to the ‘Ost’ plan 75% of Belarusians were expected to be killed and the remaining 25% - to be Germanized. In response there was a mass guerilla movement in Belarus which soon grew into a national movement.

12.11.2013

Monument in honour of World War I hero in the Vologda Region

On 11 November, in the village of Spass in the Vologda Region, the inauguration took place of the restored monument in honour of Lieutenant of the 9th Finnish rifle regiment of the Russian Army, Victor Volokhov. He was killed during World War I.

Photo: www.vologod.er.ru

12.11.2013

Military Honour Day in Moscow: march and review in Red Square

Moscow hosted the march and review in commemoration of the 72nd anniversary of the legendary parade of 7 November 1941. This parade, first organised in the years of the Great Patriotic War, does has no parallels in history. In its impact on the morale of the army and the people it equals that of a military operation.

Photo by Denis Goldman
www.rosbalt.ru

08.11.2013

Polotsk Cadet Corps. Pieces of the legendary flag return to the Motherland from the USA

On 23 September 2013 pieces of the flag of the Polotsk Cadet Corps - a legendary military educational institution of the Russian Empire - were delivered to Minsk from the USA. It was the first time since the revolution and the Civil War (after ninety nine years) that the relic had been on its native soil – in Belarus.

03.11.2013

Belarus is a hero of the Russo-Persian War (Part 2)

There are episodes in the history of Russia which have been undeservingly pushed into the ‘rear echelons of history’ for various reasons, though they were, and still are, of importance for world geopolitics, in historical memory and in planting love for the motherland in the hearts of our citizens. Amongst such episodes are the Russo-Persian Wars of the 19th century.

29.10.2013

Memorial plaque to Belarusian intelligence operator is opened in Moscow

A ceremony to unveil a memorial plaque to N. V. Troyan, a legendary Belarusian intelligence operator who took an active part in the destruction of the Gauleiter, took place in one of the buildings of the Sechenov First Moscow State University.

Photo by Georgy Pogorelov

25.10.2013

’Naval Stalingrad’: Naval Cross of Respectful Salutation delivered to the Hill of Respectful Salutation

18 October 2013 the Naval Cross of Respectful Salutation was delivered from Belarus to the Central Museum of the Great Patriotic War on the Hill of Respectful Salutation (Moscow). The Cross is a symbol of the ‘Naval Stalingrad’ military campaign which has been organised by the Permanent Committee of the Union State as part of the ‘Naval Brotherhood is Inviolable’ project.

Photo by Georgy Pogorelov

21.10.2013

Morskoy Stalingrad patriotic event of Belarusian and Russian seamen starts

The Morskoy Stalingrad patriotic event, involving seamen from Belarus and Russia, has begun in Minsk. The event is part of the ‘Marine Brotherhood is Sacred!’ project and it is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Novorossiysk from the Nazi, the 230th anniversary of the Black Sea Fleet and the 1,025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus.

15.10.2013

Belarus is a hero of the Russo-Persian War

There are episodes in the history of Russia which have been undeservingly placed in the ‘rear echelons of history’ for various reasons, though they were, and still are, of importance both for world geopolitics and in the historical memory and in planting love for the motherland in our citizens. Amongst such episodes are the Russo-Persian Wars of the 19th century.

08.10.2013

Live on in the ranks of the immortal

This story connects a hero of World War I with the Great Patriotic War and shows that love for the motherland, devotion to traditions and love for one’s own country, whether it be Russia or the USSR, are stamps of a real man. The story is about Dmitry Tyapin, a peasant from Anyutino village in the Mogilev Region.

04.10.2013

Pages: Prev. 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Next